Wednesday, September 11, 2013

User Profile Application in SP2013



The user Profile Sync service must be run in the context of the farm account.  That is still one of the requirements.  You can't change it to use a different account

I am having problem to start “User Profile Synchronization Service”.

(1)    I grant the farm admin account “Replicate Directory Changes” permission and add the account to the “Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access” group on the domain
(2)    Create a User Profile Service application with the farm admin account.
(3)    Start “User Profile Service”.
(4)    Start “User Profile Synchronization Service”.

Because this is a single server farm, so I following the instruction on the set up page to restart IIS. However, the service just cannot started - “Starting” forever.
Both “FIMService” and “FIMSynchronizationService” are disabled. Both services are log on with the same farm admin account. I set them to “Auto (Delay)”. I tried to manually start them but get errors “Window could not start the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization service on local computer” and “The Forefront Identity Manager Service stop automatically…”.

I have recreate the service application couple times and nothing is changed. I really appreciate if someone can help me out. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment